Thursday 11 September 2008

Oh dear I must be getting old

A disturbing series of events happened this week - I was whizzing off to a client site to do some computer wizardry (it's important I make it look like that as I get hired again)

It was a long drive and I listened to a story about Eco driving - basically driving more efficiently could help environment and save money. Well both of these are good for me - soo I tried it - I'm going to find some more details of what it actually involves - but I did quite well I increased my MPG to 42.8 from 36.4 - not bad huh.

I just kept to speed limits, accelerated gently and tried to keep momentum up when possible - there's definately something in it and the wierd thing was it actually took about the same time as when I try and go flat out (don't really understand why though!)

My friends told me I was sad driving to my cars Trip computer mpg thing but 6 extra miles per gallon haha.

I did spoil it completelt on the way home though - 40 miles of ACDC Back in Black buggers up your fuel consumption - you try driving 1t 60MPh to "It's a long way to the Top" or "Hells Bells" next time I'll get some Gregorian chant music instead.

welshgadgets

No comments:

Post a Comment